Friday, May 30, 2008

What's Happening.....

Where have I been? There has been a lot going on in the Snyder household. Last Friday I had my two bottom molars taken out. I know, most people get theirs out in their teen years, but I took care of Brian in college when he got his out and that made me wait forever!!!!! Well, I was right in doing so because I was miserable!!!!! Way too much pain for me. I ended up getting "dry socket." Very painful. I had to go back Wed morning for him to pack them. Then I went back this morning to get them packed again. The packing really does help. It takes away the pain, but I have a constant minty flavor in my mouth. I guess that is better than pain.

I started my externship in the NICU this past Wed night. It was a great!!!!!! I am going to be working third shift (7pm-7am). I thought it would drag, but it went pretty fast. I felt pretty comfortable. My preceptor is awesome. She actually took care of Hayden and Ava so that was nice. She kept introducing me to people (which is great) but everyone kept saying I already know her. It was funny. What was amazing to me was there were some nurses who I remembered and they remembered where Hayden, Ava, and Miles spots were in the NICU. It really meant a lot when they remembered Miles and even his name! They really are amazing up there and I am so happy and lucky to be apart of their "family." Anyway, I was put right to work with the babies and the routine. I really do have some advantage with my past experience because I already knew how to do their temps, change diapers with wires all over, and feeding them (which you need to have some technique). I really think I am going to like working in the NICU. We shall see next week how things go. It was a super great first shift experience!!!!

Hayden had his last day of school yesterday. So now we are concentrating on potty training him. I know, he still is not potty trained. This has been a very big struggle with Hayden. He just doesn't want to do it. So, this morning he has big boy pants on. This might be a silly prayer request but please pray for mommy and daddy and especially for Hayden. I want him to feel empowered to do this. It is so time!!!!!!! Funny note: last night we were over at my mom and dad's house booking our resort for our first trip to Disneyland next May. Well, we were showing Hayden in the magazine which resort it was. Hayden said, "We can't go in the magazine" he kept saying it because he thought that we were literally going to the picture in the magazine. How cute and funny is that? I was cracking up!

Don update: He is doing much better! He has moved back to the floor that I was working on. He looks great and is gaining strength everyday. Thank you for all of your prayers!

Here are some recent pictures of the kids.

Hanging out at Mackinaw

Going on their favorite pug ride with Grampy


This is a picture of Hayden's bug shirt that he made at school.

Eating some yummy popsicles

I let them play in the water yesterday for a little bit.

0 comments: