Saturday, May 10, 2008

Banquet and Baby Shower

What a very busy day!!!!! Ava and I went to a Mother/Daughter Banquet at the AC Fellowship Hall today with my mom, my Aunt Julie, my Grandma, and Valerie (my sister-in-law). It was a very nice luncheon. We ate lunch (frozen fruit cup, chicken salad on a croissant, cheese bisque, and a chocolate ice cream oreo dessert) and there was a program too. People did a skit, sang, and read a poem. It was very nice. Then we had to rush home because my mom and I were going to my friend Maureen's house for a baby shower for our friend Macy. It was a really nice shower and I got to see some people that I haven't seen in awhile. My friend, Polly, came up the games. We did the dirty diaper game with the melted chocolates and then we played a pricing game with baby products. It was really fun. She held up a baby product and we wrote down what we thought the price was. Who ever was the closest without going over got a point for the product. Needless to say, I didn't win either game. Then I came home and Brian has been busy putting together a big playset for the kid's in the backyard. It has 47 steps and he is up to 6. He is doing a great job considering he is doing it by himself. I will take pictures tomorrow of his progress. I hope everyone has a wonderful Mother's Day! Ava has already whispered to me that they made something for me with Daddy and not to tell anyone. Then Hayden told me they got me flowers. We have no secrets in our house! So Cute!!!


Ignore me, but here are the gifts from Hayden and Ava from their preschools. Ava's is her handprints with a poem and Hayden made me a coaster. Precious!

Ava at the Mother/Daughter banquet


Ava got a special kid's plate (chicken nuggets, grapes, veggies and jell-0 jigglers)

Mommy and Ava

Mommy, Ava and Grandma

The girls at Macy's shower (btm left: Maureen, Macy, Beth. top left: me, Polly, and Beth)

Macy opening a gift


Beth and Her mom, Carol, smelling the diapers

Beth and Maureen smelling diapers

The proud new Mommy, Macy, and baby Moses

2 comments:

alupo said...

i'm glad you posted pictures from the shower! i wish i could have been there - macy looks great! i love the poopy diaper game - classic! it was good talking to you yesterday....have a great mommy's day!

Meg said...

Cute pics... and your mom looks so good! She must be working really hard! Yea Mom-away-from-Mom!!! :)