Sunday, April 27, 2008

Happy 80th Birthday, Grandma!!!!

We had a very busy weekend! It was my grandma's 80th birthday (My mom's mom). The festivities started Thursday evening. My family, except me (I had to be at clinical), ate dinner at my grandma's house. My Uncle Doug flew in from Arizona to be with us. Then on Friday my aunt Julie and my mom had planned a surprise luncheon for my grandma and her friends to honor her. It turned out to be a really nice luncheon. It did get emotional at times. I could barely speak to say a memory about my grandma. She really is an awesome grandma!!! Then my cousin Chadd and his new fiance flew in from Texas to be with us, too. Friday night we all met at the La Gondola in Washington to have a family meal. It was really nice and relaxing. Saturday morning we went out to my Uncle's house for a family picture (Thank you Joy!). We haven't had a family picture since I was 10 or so. It was time for a new one. Then we went over to my mom's house to eat leftovers. It was nice for all of us to be together and talk. Then to round things out we had a fish dinner (my Uncle Doug is a great cook especially fresh fish) at my mom's house Saturday night. After dinner we watched a slide show from my mom growing up and her parents. It was so funny!! We had a lot of great laughs. Now for the pictures! They are all messed up again. Sorry. I will do a little explanation for each one.

Aunt Julie and Mom getting ready for the luncheon

There were four different tables that had different place settings. This is one of them.

This is the picture table we had at the luncheon.

I tried to get a full shot of the luncheon room.
Family dinner at La Gondola

This is my Grandma! Doesn't she look great?


This is what we served for dessert

This was the lunch (which was a chicken pocket, "fancy" carrots, and a strawberry tapioca parfait) I can't spell, sorry.

This is my mom, Uncle Doug, Aunt Julie, and my Grandma
Ava and Hayden practicing for our family picture

Coming home from dinner on Friday night


Same as above

Grandma and Don on Friday night

My brother, Caleb, and his daughter Gia
Hayden, Ava, and Gia eating a snack last night

If you remember from an earlier post, Ava hated the tractor ride. Yesturday she love it! Go figure

Daddy and Ava

Hayden being silly!

3 comments:

Nichole said...

Your kids look great in blue!

Anonymous said...

Love the dessert cups!

I'm waiting for updated bathroom pics. Megan showed me the cute stuff you got at Target!

Robin said...

Oh yes, the bathroom! I will do that soon even though it isn't finished. Hey thanks for commenting!