Monday, April 14, 2008

Memory Monday

Our Love Story

I know, I didn't post a flashback friday. So, I decided to do a memory monday. Also, I decided to tell how Brian and I met and share pictures of us before our children. Here we go!

I went to college in 1995 (Go ahead and laugh Megan and Ashley). I went to Anderson University in Anderson, Indiana. It is a small Christian college. Anyway, we had roommate dates our freshman year. I lived on the top floor of my dorm and we were "special" because we all had three other people to live with. (I will do a flashback one day of my college memories) I was in another person's room and a boy called for someone in that room. That girl wasn't there at the time but the girl on the phone happened to say, "Does anyone want to go on a roommate date?" The guy on the other end said, "Sure, set Snyder up." So somehow our names got exchanged and I had this date with this Brian guy. I had no idea who he was or looked like and vice versa. So it was a true "blind date." Scary!!!!!! We went on the date on October 14, 1995. We went with a group of people to a burger restaurant and then to a hockey game (I hate hockey!). He did the nicest thing possible during the game. Someone spilled their drink so we moved up a couple of spots because of the wetness, so he stood on a chair (with wet sticky shoes) and helped me up and then he sat in the chair that he had stepped on. (How sweet!). We didn't talk that much because he was super shy (I know shocking for those of you who know Brian, sarcasm) and I was shy too. We had a nice date. After two days I called him to tell him I had a nice time. He called me back the next day and asked me out for two dates. I was so happy and excited. Anyway, we kept on dating and never looked back. The moment that really sticks out in my mind on how special he is was on my Christmas break in 1995. He had called my house in Morton, because I was home, to make sure I was ok. He had heard on the radio that there was a bad wreck on the bridge to Peoria. I thought it was so sweet for him to call and check on me. Anyway, he purposed to me on December 14, 1997 and we got married on June 12, 1999. Those special days are good for a flashback too.





























3 comments:

Meg said...

I think the part I laughed the hardest at was when you said "I was shy too." Hahahaha...silly Robin.....

Matt and Katie said...

AHHH '95,,,good times:):) Seriously, how old are you:) you look 12, especially Brian (Robin I knew you and you look the same) Love the light hair...but I have never heard the story (you think that I would have with cards and all) or seen pics of Brian, they were great!!! Love Memory Mondays cause you learn something new.

OK Nana said...

Love being reminded of the love story of two "shy" young people. It's a wonder to me that you each ever talked enough to know each other. You both look so young!