Friday, March 21, 2008

Flashback Friday

This was Ava's last day in the NICU. She was in the hospital for three months. It was a very happy and sad day. For some reason I was really sad because I felt like we weren't a complete family until Hayden came home. I felt like we couldn't start our family until he was home. It was silly becaue we were coming back to the hospital that night. I felt like I was leaving him more that day then any other. On the other hand we were happy because Ava was coming home! She came home on an apnea monitor to make sure she was breathing and that she had a heart beat.
Almost time to go home!

We stayed over night the night before she came home. It was like a practice run. Well, let me tell you, we didn't sleep at all!!!! I recommend that parents who have a preemie do not spend the night on the baby's last night. It was terrible to go home so tired!


This is a car bed. Since Ava only weighed 4 pounds when she came home, she couldn't be in a regular car seat. The car bed was really nice. She laid flat in it and it was buckled in to the van.

I think this is a precious picture of Ava on her last night in the NICU. How I miss the days of watching her sleep!!!

People always ask how did we do it with one baby at home and another in the NICU. I have to be honest and I don't really remember. I think we were on autopilot. I remember being with Ava during part of the day and then going to the NICU in the afternoon and the evening. We just did what we needed to do to be with our babies.

Next week I will do pictures and memories on Hayden's last days in the NICU.

0 comments: