Wednesday, December 3, 2008

They're 5!!!!!!!

Happy Birthday to my babies, Hayden and Ava (actually tomorrow is their day, but we have a busy day tomorrow)!!!! I absolutely can't believe they are going to be 5!!!! The time has gone by so fast. Just 5 years ago I was being rushed into the delivery room. They were so tiny. Hayden was born at 10:10 am, Ava was born 10:11, and then Miles was born at 10:12 am. Hayden was 1lb 8oz, Ava was 1lb 6.5oz and Miles was 1lb 10oz. Hayden and Ava have come so far. We almost lost Hayden several times in the NICU. Ava was a typical girl who sailed through the NICU. Miles lived a month. He passed away on Dec 31. I will write more about him on Dec 31. I want to celebrate the lives of Hayden and Ava. They are our little miracles. We plan on having a great day tomorrow! When Hayden gets home from school we are going to the mall so they can go to Build A Bear store. We will visit Santa. Then, we will take a trip to Target because they got gift cards from a friend. Then we will take them to Chuck E Cheese. It will actually be their first time to go there. I know, bad or good mommy/daddy depending on the way you look at it. We thought they would have a lot of fun. Then we will end up going to my mom and dad's house so they can open presents and eat cake! Here are a few pictures from when they were born.

This is Ava in her first week of life

Just a cute picture of them together

This is Ava holding my finger the first time I held her


This is me doing kangaroo care with Hayden


This is Hayden in his first week of life

6 comments:

Jill Foley said...

Gosh...I remember them like that. I still have pictures of them. I remember exactly what I was doing when I got the phone call that you had delivered the three of them. And I remember telling your story to every single student and family I taught that day! I felt so far away and so helpless....

I also remember feeling that I just could never get pregnant and have a baby after what you went through. Then only 13 months later I was a mom! Silly me...

I can't believe it's been 5 years!!!! Happy Birthday Ava and Hayden. Have a GREAT day!

OK Nana said...

Oh how I remember standing beside the elevator where we were told we would get our best "first look" at our new grandbabies! It was hard to know whether to look at them the few brief moments or take pictures. I opted to soak in through my eyes all I could of each one and listen to their daddy introduce each one by name to us.
5 years! Praise God for His blessings!
Have a wonderful day, Hayden & Ava!

Anonymous said...

What a blessing Ava and hayden are to Keith and I. We remember their birth day too and how excited we were. I remember looking at them thru the window and praying for them day after day. God is so good!!! Rejoicing with you as you celebrate this special time. hugs and kisses to you Ava and Hayden.
Emmie and Keith love you so much!!!!

Matt and Katie said...

WOW! It is so hard to really think they were like that looking at them today. I remember how scary it was in the very beginning and now 5 years later...they are precious! Not that they weren't back then either:) They are so blessed as well as your family for having them!! Happy birthday you two and have a great day with all you get to do. No tears yet today Robin right????? Or did you sob th whole time you wrote that they are 5:) PS I really do not enjoy Chuckie Cheese I think it is just dirty and gross, (so enjoy;)) but the kids love it.

Unknown said...

Happy 5th birthday, Hayden and Ava! To think that it was 5 years ago when we met in the NICU, the ups and the downs and all the craziness we both went through there. Enjoy all the birthday fun, what miracles they are :)

Robin said...

Thank you everybody for your wishes and memories!

Allison- I am so thankful that we met 5 years ago. It was so nice to have somebody who really knew what we were feeling and going through.