Monday, November 24, 2008

"Nobody puts Baby in a corner!"

This past weekend I went to Chicago with Megan and Ashley. We had a blast! We left Friday at noon. When we got to Chicago we checked into our hotel, The Allegro. It was very nice and very modern. We got a taxi and headed to The Melting Pot. So yummy! We spent two hours eating. We were so full, so we walked back to our hotel. It was freezing but nice to get out and walk. We relaxed for a little bit and then got ready to go see, Dirty Dancing, the musical. The theater was next door to our hotel so we didn't have to go far. The show was absolutely amazing!!!!! They did just about every scene from the movie. The set was amazing. The best was Baby. She looked and souded just like Jennifer Grey. Her mannerisms, too. If you can go see it, GO!!!!! Two thumbs up. If you want someone to go with let me know, because I would go see it again! We went back to our hotel and got ready for bed. We were all pretty tired. They didn't have any rooms left with two beds or any cots so we all slept in the king sized bed together. We woke up and left the hotel by 9am. We headed to the suburbs for some shopping. Then we ate at The Cheesecake Factory and headed home. We got home about 5:30pm. We had a great time!

I added a few pictures of Hayden and Ava with their turkey hats. I thought they were cute!
Oh, by the way, have I mentioned that I will be graduating in three weeks? I am super excited!!!








Megan enjoying cheese fondue

Ashley getting the bread all cheesey

Our hotel room

This was our main course

Ashley and me being silly with our animal print robes that were in our room

outside the theater


Megan and Ashley feeding each other dessert

The three of us

6 comments:

Jill Foley said...

I like the violin picture! I'm sure you took that just for me...ha ha

I love the turkey hats...I'll have to steal that idea!

Have a Happy Thanksgiving...are you feeling better? My mom said you had the stomach flu.

Robin said...

I feel much better. My stomach muscles are very sore!!!!

I did take that picture just for you!

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Love the snow pictures on your blog!

Anonymous said...

Hey,
I will go with you to Dirty Dancing!!! How about your Mom and Aunt Julie and I after the holidays???
Glad you are better. We missed you last night at your Mom's
hugs
Emmie
And YES, I am soooooooooooooo excited that you are graduating in 3 weeks!!!! YEA

The Davis' said...

Hey, did you bring your own sheets on the trip :) ????

Robin said...

You better believe it!!!!

Meg said...

I got the privelage of "half-sleeping" on her sheets from home. haha. The benefits of being in the middle. :)