Wednesday, November 12, 2008

In Celebration of......

Elliot Kenneth Snyder. Tomorrow we celebrate the short life of our second son, Elliot. He was born 10 days after Gabriel. He was 21 weeks gestation. It happened mid morning. Brian was taking a shower in my room to get ready for work. My water broke again, out of the blue. I screamed for him and then he called the nurse. I was checked and there was nothing they could do to stop him from coming. I was going to deliver him that morning. The doctors were really worried because they didn't know if I would just deliver him or all the babies. My contractions were hurt really bad! I remember one of the doctors feeling my belly while I was having a contraction and he said, "Yeah, those are hard contractions." I was like, Yeah, I know. Anyway, I pushed Elliot out and he was born with a heartbeat, but no interventions were done due to the fact that he was too early. It is so hard to deal with, even now, that both Gabriel and Elliot were born with heartbeats and nothing could be done. It breaks my heart to think if they were in pain or not. I just remember praying for God to take them home quickly so they could be comforted. I did not post any pictures of Elliot because I don't have any good ones to show. The good thing about him being born in the morning was that our families were able to be with us and everyone got to hold Elliot. Also, after Gabriel was born, I never wanted to be left alone. So, Brian's mom, Paula, came from Ecuador (they were missionaries there at the time) to stay with me. It was so nice to have someone with me. Not just to talk, but to have someone in the room while I was sleeping, too. I will always be so thankful for Paula being with me. It really meant a lot to me. Also, to my mom. She was still working and some days she would stay with me. She always made sure things were done for me. She would bring my own sheets into the hospital and my favorite was she would brush my hair for me. It was so relaxing. Also, she would encourage me to keep going and to stay strong. There were so many days when I would cry and say that I couldn't do this. Anyway, tomorrow I have to go to clinical because it is my last one. So, after clinical Brian, me, Hayden and Ava will go to the gravesite and let balloons go for Elliot. Please pray for me that I have a good day at clinical!

7 comments:

Meg said...

I'm prayin' for ya buddy...

Anonymous said...

Praying for you Robin and all of the family. Thank you so much for sharing from your heart. I remember it too and am so thankful you had Jesus to get you thru it all with His peace and comfort. I hope you know how much I love you and your sweet family.
hugs
Emmie

Jill Foley said...

Praying for you again today! Blessings on your family today.

Jill Foley said...

I like the new look....you can go into your original layout and save your blogger template as minima...then you won't get the old background to pop up first...just the new one.

Anonymous said...

I daily look at my little "frames" for the babies. Elliot's says - "God made you special, our very precious child!"
It is important to remember.
Blessings, Paula

Cassidy said...

thanks Robin to share with us the story of your pregnancy and the short live of your 3 angels.
it's nice to celebrate their birthday every year and so remember them despite the pain.
even some years ago to speak deaths of our children dead after birth was taboo and many people ignore that they had brothers and sisters who do not have survives.

Cassidy said...

I can understand your pain to loose childs in 3 time because I followed via the press the very premature birth of Morrison sextuplets and their death one by one the days later but Sylas battled for survive and I followed his progress via Flickr and after via his blog.
http://www.littlemanmorrison.blogspot.com/

and now, it's a great joy to see progress in 1 year that whenever each time a big step for this miraculous little man