Thursday, November 6, 2008

Ambulance trip....

Well, this morning I was on my way out the door and I saw Hayden sitting up in his bed at 6:15am. So I took him in our room to be with Brian while he got ready for work. When I picked him up he started to dry heave, which is his precursor to a seizure. I was hoping that was not going to happen but I was wrong. He started dry heaving more on the potty so I had Brian take him off and then he started having a seizure. He does not have seizures that people think of when you fall down and start jerking your body. He has absent seizures. That is exactly how he acts. He does not respond to you, he stares, he moves his mouth up and down and his lips/mouth go blue. Very scary!!!! I called 911 and by the time the ambulance got to our home his seizure had stopped. So, Brian went with him to the hospital and I followed behind in our van. He is fine. He is back to his normal self. We were discharged from the hospital by 8:30am. We had weaned him off his seizure medication two months ago. So now he is back on his medication.

I have been extremely busy with school work. I presented my huge senior project on Wednesday and I have another presentation on Monday. Tonight I finished another paper. I do not work this weekend so I am looking forward to spending time with the family. We plan on going to see the new Madagascar movie on Saturday. The first one just cracks me up.

I posted a few pictures. They got out of order and I don't know why but we made cookies the other night just for fun and then last weekend Hayden got to spend time with Grandpa out at Mackinaw. When we picked him up we found him on the tractor driving it with Grandpa's help. He was in heaven.

Making cookies for fun!

Hayden driving the tractor



This is how we found them. Two peas in a pod!


1 comments:

Meg said...

"I am NOT going HMO!" Hahaha... too funny!