Friday, August 1, 2008

What we've been up to....

Summer has been really fun for us! My friend, Anne, has been here visiting. One day we took our kids to a sprinkler park. It was a little cold, but they still had fun! The kids have had fun out at Mackinaw with the jeep. We got an addition to the motorized jeep family. Someone at Brian's work gave us a Barbie jeep for free. So, they both have their own jeep. They love it! My friend, Jill, has also been visiting and we had them out to the lake. Our kids had a lot of fun swimming, jeep rides, and pug rides. It was neat to see our kids together because Jill and I had a lot of great times out there growing up. Then, last night we took the kids to the Chiefs game. They have been asking to go now for months. I finally had a free night with them having a home game. We went and it was hot. Anyway, we bought tickets at the stadium and got third row up from homeplate. They were perfect seats especially for Hayden and his eyesight. Hayden also made the jumbotron. I was holding his hands and he was dancing like a crazy man. Brian noticed that we were up there. I usually don't really pay attention to the game. But I thought I had heard a player's name that I recognized and I did. It was Shane Keough playing for the other team. Well, if any of you watch the Real Housewives of Orange County show then you know who I am talking about. It is a son of one of the housewives. I thought that was pretty neat.
My externship in the NICU is officially over with. I had a great experience and I am so happy that I had the experience. I now can say without a doubt that I want to work in the NICU! I hope everyone is having a great summer! We leave for another mini vacation to Gurnee, Illinois to Great America on Sunday. I will have the pictures up when we get home!

Hayden at the sprinkler park

Ava braving the water


Hayden loved standing with the water going up his face

Exploring out at Mackinaw

Hayden giving Kayleigh a ride

Ava giving Sydney a ride

At the Chiefs game


My two goofballs

Ava with her cotton candy (first time to try the stuff)

Watching the game

5 comments:

The Davis' said...

Looks like you all are having a great summer! Are you going to stay on in the NICU or are you going back to cardiac???

Robin said...

I am staying on at the NICU. I am so over cardiac!!!! Looks like you had a wonderful/fun vacation!

The Davis' said...

Way to keep your foot in the door! We had a great vacation!!!

Nichole said...

I was at a Chief's game against the same team and I was pretty sure that was the Shane from the RHOOC!! I had meant to look him up online, but never did. Isn't that funny? I am glad I am not the only one that watches that show!

The Vance's said...

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the NICU so much and are getting to stay on - will you be working there when you graduate? Where is that sprinkler park at? It looks like a lot of fun! We need to do a girls' night soon - I can't believe the whole summer has gone by!