Sunday, August 17, 2008

Busy week....Summer ending....

Ok, so we have had another busy week!!!! I got recertified for CPR on Monday night. I did pass, but don't anyone go into cardiac arrest. I really don't want to have to use my skills! I started back to work in the NICU as an extern tech. I prepare the formulas, clean equiptment, laundry, and help temp, diaper, and feed. Gosh this all sounds familiar but atleast I get paid for doing it. My friend, Ashley, also works in the NICU as an extern tech so we had fun last night working together especially when it is 3am in the morning. We get a little slap happy. Earlier in the afternoon we started our garage sale. It was very busy and we did really well selling our items. Some items I would have paid people to take but people were buying the items. I wanted to say to them, "Do you really need this, or Really you are going to buy this." Oh well, money in our pocket. We continued the garage sale on Wed. We did good again and the last minute garage sale was a success. If you remember the picture of all the clothes..... well I will let you know we got the clothes that didn't sell into three bins. Pretty impressive if you ask me. Then we come to Thursday (My birthday). I was awoken with two cute children running into my room yelling, "Happy Birthday, Mommy." They had me open up my card. It was cute. When you opened it up it sang the tune, "Burn Baby Burn." So of course we had to have a dance party in the bed. Good times! Then we quickly got ready to leave for Iowa City for Hayden's neuro appointment. It ended up being a great appointment. We are weaning him off of his seizure medication. Please pray that he does not have anymore seizures! I can not see him go blue, limp, and nonresponsive again. I have seen it too much!!!! When we got home we went to my mom's house for a birthday dinner. Friday was a normal day with the children and then we went back to my mom's for a pizza dinner. Yummy! Saturday was another busy day. We started it out by going to have breakfast at IHOP. Then we did some fall clothes shopping for Hayden and Ava. Then we went out to the lake to be with my family and were busy swimming in the lake, getting pug rides, and fishing. Then I had to go into work. I worked a full 12 hour third shift. Now something amazing with Hayden was happening today! He decided to ride his big boy bike instead of his tricycle. We are so proud of him. He looked so cute on it riding around with his helmet on. Also, he decided that today he would stand up to go to the bathroom instead of sitting. I thought that was pretty neat. I know it doesn't take much. He was making big boy decisions all day today. After dinner tonight, Brian and I made a crazy decision. We went on our first family bike ride with all of us on bikes. What is so crazy is that we decided to ride to my mom's house to surprise my parents. Well, it was about 1.5 miles away. Hayden didn't complain once, but Ava was another story. She kept saying that her legs hurt, which I am sure they did. But we made it to her house all in one piece. My mom gave them half of a DQ ice cream sandwich so all was good. No, we didn't ride back home. Brian went and got our van and we drove home. Oh yes, earlier in the day we went out to my aunt's pool for a couple of hours to swim. I had to get that in before I started school. It was nice to relax in the refreshing pool! So, now tomorrow I go back to school. So sad!!!! But the sooner I start the sooner I will graduate! Yeah!!! I hope everyone had a great week and will have a super week!

My big boy

He is so proud of himself!


Ava was busy having her own dance "concert"

1 comments:

The Davis' said...

Good luck with your LAST semester!!!