Monday, October 20, 2008

Homecoming at AU...

We just got back from a great weekend in Indiana. We spent the weekend with Brian's brother, wife, and two kids. It was relaxing and Hayden and Ava had a great time with their cousins, Emma and Mason. We left early afternoon on Friday and got to Noblesville, Indiana where they live about 5pm. We ate some yummy pizza and packed everyone up to go to Anderson, Indiana where Anderson University was starting their Homecoming events. That is where Brian and I met and went to college. On Friday night they have illuminaries outlining the entire campus and it is so pretty. Especially in the valley part of the college. We have taken the kids there when they were babies and haven't been able to go back since because it has rained the past years. My main goal was to get Hayden's picture in front of the AU sign because his middle name is "Anderson" after the town and college because that is where we met! So I was able to do that, finally! The kids ate donut holes and drank hot apple cider and had fun walking around the campus. Saturday morning the girls woke up at 6am writing notes and delivering them to us. So cute but not so much at 6am. We went to Emma's soccer game and then went back to their house to relax and let the kids play. Then early afternoon we left for dinner and we ate at Red Robin (yummy!) Then we drove downtown Indy so Brian could see the new Colt's stadium. It was very impressive. I stayed busy every evening studying for a test and working on my huge senior project which is due in 2 weeks. We woke up Sunday morning to eat breakfast and to get on the road. I had to work Sunday afternoon. Anyway, it was a great weekend.


Ava and Emma

Hayden, Ava, Emma and Mason


Having fun walking in the valley


The picture I have been waiting for!

Oh, sweet memories!


Ava at Emma's soccer game

Emma taking a break from the game

Hayden enjoying his popcorn at the game

Cute cousins

Silly faced girls


Silly faced Hayden

Colt's Stadium

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Hi Robin,
I got tears in my eyes when I read about AU. Oh, how I miss those days! Part of me seems like it was just yesterday and the other part realizes how much our lives have changed since AU. You will always be a dear friend and I will always treasure the memories we had at AU.

Meg said...

You two are so cute sitting in front of the AU sign. :) Glad you finally got that much anticipated pic of hayden with the sign!