Sunday, April 26, 2009

Fish Fry

Saturday was a glorious day! It was so beautiful out. We woke up and got some errands done. We had to finish shopping for vacation (we leave Friday). When we came home Brian went out and mowed the lawn and the kiddos went outside to play. They ended up playing with the neighbor girls. So they had a lot of fun outside. I ended up inside making dessert for our fish fry. We left our house a little before 3 and headed out to mackinaw. Hayden's main objective for the day was to get as many pug rides as possible. So when he saw my dad he immediately asked where the pug was. My dad took him to go get it. Ava wanted to fly her kite. Brian tried. First it was a blow up kite. Not a good idea. It went up and came back down and popped from the grass. So that lasted 5 minutes. She ended up getting on the pug for a ride. We got things ready for dinner. My whole family came out. My Uncle Doug was here from Arizona and when he comes he always does a fish fry (it is so yummy). We had a great time. We had pug rides and sat around the fire talking. We started to hear thunder so we packed up. We just made it to our cars before the rain and hail started to fall. Talk about a close call.

This week is a full week before vacation. I work tonight, mon. night, and wed night. Tues, Ava has her first softball practice and Hayden has his first ball game. My plan is to start packing today. Hopefully that will get done. Hope everyone has a super Sunday!

Getting the kite ready

Giving it a go

Grandma Mavis brought out wishbones for the kiddos


Hayden doing his wishbone


Ava relaxing by the fire


My Uncle Doug making the fish

Luke, Ava, Hayden, and Gia waiting for their pug ride

Sneaking graham crackers

Hayden in his seat

Ava ready to go

4 comments:

Jill Foley said...

Figures...I'm coming to Morton this weekend and you are off on vacation! Where are you going? We are taking a vacation to Portland, OR in May! Then in June we go to western NY for Kevin's sisters wedding. But this week it's good old Morton.

Amber R. said...

Oh, this entry just makes me so excited for summer nights around a fire!!! =)

The Saunders Family said...

Robyn
it has been SO long...I can't wait to read back on what has been going on with you. The kids are cuties! Steph sent me a link to your blog...we have one too. Just had a little girl, so you can check her out!

The Saunders Family said...

Guess I should say who this is with my maiden name...Jessica Unger...AU seems like such a long time ago!