Saturday, January 10, 2009

It's official......

I am a RN!!!!!!!!! I passed my boards. I get to wear the red badge!!!!! Yeah!!!! I took the test this past Thursday morning. I didn't really tell too many people. It would have stressed me out more. The past 48 hours have been very tough!!!! My stomache has been in knots. I have had headaches. I have not stopped thinking about the test. My mind has been consumed with the test. I worked last night, all night long. It was the longest 12 hours of my life. I was working with Ashley and she was in the same boat. We were making each other crazy! I would have rather been at home sleeping and not obsessing over the results. So when I got home and layed down for a little bit so the minutes would move faster. I could not check the results until 8 am and no minute earlier. So I get online to check and my password would not work. I was freaking out. So I went to our computer out in the kitchen and I was going crazy. Brian got me to calm down. We got to the site and had to request another password. It said I should have a new one within the hour. WHAT?????? Don't they know I am going crazy here. I was going to explode! Luckily there was a new one within minutes in my email inbox. So I got the new password and I plugged it in. Then I got to where it said your results are available. I wanted to vomit (sorry, graphic, I know). I had to put in the credit card number and then hit next. There it was.... a box with information on it. I just stared at the computer, trying to find the pass/fail words. Then I found the glorious news. It said, "pass!!!" I just stared at the computer with a blank face (I made Brian step away and he was just staring at me). The last 3 1/2 years just flew by in my mind. The moment I had been waiting for had just happened. I am a Registered Nurse!!!!! I couldn't believe it. Brian and I started to cry and hug. One chapter has closed and another is about to begin. Then, I printed the results off. I had to keep looking to make sure it was real. I went over to my mom's house to surprise her. She had no idea that I could find out this am. I thought I wouldn't find out until Monday. I went over there to drop something off and ask for a receipt for Brian. She was completely in the dark. Then I pushed the paper to her and told her to look at this. It took a second and then she screamed! I am so excited. This ended up being a way longer post than I had anticipated but right now I don't care. I am elated!!!!! Enjoy your Saturday. I know I will.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations,Robin!!! Way to go!!! What an exciting way to start the new year! You don't know me, but I am Jill's father-in-laws wife, Lin. I prayed for your little ones when they were born & often "stop by" your blog to check in on Hayden & Ava. I wish you all the best in your new career - I'm sure you will be a blessing to the nursing field.

Anonymous said...

congratulations, robin! how awesome that you passed boards. you will be a wonderful nurse. i didn't realize that you had a blog. saw jill's post. i know your mom and aunt j. rejoicing with you! i'll check back.

teresa c

joyphotography said...

WOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!! I knew you would do it! So excited for you Robin. Can't imagine all the excitement that you are feeling...and the studying days are OVER!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations, Robin? When do you start, or have you already?

Unknown said...

Sorry, that "Congratulations, Robin" wasn't supposed to have a question mark. Just an exclamation mark :)

Mary said...

Congrats! You'll give parents such comfort and I know you'll treat those babies with the most loving care! You are a great nurse.

The Davis' said...

Yay!!!! Congratulations!!! Now, let the fun begin (and don't ever, EVER let your license expire)!!!

Anonymous said...

We are soooooooooooooooooooooooooo proud of you Robin. Rejoicing with you!!! It was great to hug you and see you today and congratulate you!!!! Love those 2 kids of yours and hubbie too.
Praise the Lord. You will be such a blessing!!!!
Love
Emmie and Keith

Matt and Katie said...

FINALLY!!! You did it!! Way to go Idaho!! Thrilled for you and your family both!! All those days of stressing over papers and tests are now OVER!! Like everyone else said you are going to be a GREAT RN!!!!!!! Congrats:):):):):)

Anonymous said...

Oh , congrats!!! Great news. Yeah, yeah, yeah!
Diane