Monday, September 8, 2008

What's a Happening Hot Stuff (Ha, Ha)?

First of all can you name the movie that my heading is from? I will post the answer at the end of my post. But really, do I even need to put the answer? Anyway, we have been busy and I started school so I have been really busy. We went camping again a few weeks ago. We had a lot of fun. It was just the four of us and my parents. It was nice! After we put the kids to bed we watched a movie on my laptop by the fire. It was fun to watch a movie outside. We spent the night two nights. The first night is always a little hard for me to sleep. You hear everything and that includes the animals. I always think racoons will come up to our tent. You can hear them at the camp site because they are looking for food. Too bad for them because we lock everything up in our van. Then we could hear two packs of coyotes. That was a little freaky but they were not even close to us. We did a lot of swimming, pug rides, and Hayden and Ava got to ride on my dad's excavater. They loved that! Then, Ava had her first major fall. She was playing with her hula hoop and was tangled up in it. Needless to say she lost her balance and she did a face plant on to the concrete. Her arms were tangled so she couldn't break her fall. Her face looked terrible! She was in a lot of pain. The picture I took doesn't really show how bad it was. Also, Ava started school this past Friday. She was very excited to start school again. Hayden has been going for weeks so she has felt left out. She likes her teacher and the kids in her class. She starts ballet and tap again today. Everything is in full swing! This past Saturday we took the kids back up to Gurnee, Illinois. Not much fun for them but we went there to do fall/winter shopping for the kids. They have a super outlet mall. Hayden and Ava did a great job all day. They even got to have a train ride. Now this week the Pumpkin Festival starts!!!! I am so excited. I love the P-fest! Sidenote: If you want to see some ridiculous pictures of me and Jill growing up go to her blog and scroll down to her Flashback Friday. They are hilarious!!!!!

Ava's face

Hayden is ready to go camping


My big strong man

Brian the lumber jack

On the excavater


Ava in her classroom before the first official day

Ava's first day of school


Sporting her backpack (Hello Kitty)


Movie trivia answer: Sixteen Candles

1 comments:

The Davis' said...

Funny title...A.J. actually went up to one of Andy's coworkers and said that exact same thing!!!