Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I have what????? (and other news!)

Ok, what a week! I have been sick the past couple of weeks. I have gotten better except for a sore throat. Do you see where I am going with this? So this morning I was feeling better. At the end of clinical (I was in the Medical ICU) my throat was hurting again. I decided I couldn't take it anymore and went to the Prompt Care. I ended up having a doctor I went to school with (that is weird) and she informed me that I had STREP THROAT! I have never had strep throat. I got a prescription for penicillin and was sent on my way. Now I have hope this will get taken care of because I am so over having a sore throat!!! It hurts!

Big news! I accepted a RN position in the NICU!!!! I am super excited! Also, my partners in crime, Megan and Ashley, also accepted RN positions there too! We get to continue our nursing careers together! I am so happy because they have become my closest friends and I can't see my life without them being a part of it!

Prayer request! Please go to Jill's blog to see the details but I know a mommy who is in the hospital 24 weeks pregnant and is very close to delivering! I know how this feels and how scary this is. Please pray for the mommy, daddy, and little baby!

3 comments:

The Davis' said...

Congratulations on the RN position!!! All that hard work is about to pay off!

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your new job! It takes a special person to work in the NICU. (I don't even like to go back to visit.) You'll be a great asset to the parents. Good luck!

Robin said...

Thanks guys! It will be challenging but I am up for it!