Saturday, February 28, 2009

Bowling

We had some family fun this afternoon at the local bowling alley. We took Hayden and Ava bowling for the first time. I was thinking a couple of weeks ago about things I did as a child. Bowling came to my mind and I thought, "Hey, my kids have not gone bowling yet in their short life." So I have been wanting to take them. We had a lot of fun this afternoon. We played for one hour and that was enough time for them. They were very curious about why we had to wear different shoes. Then Ava asked me if they got to keep the shoes. Of course, the girl would have to ask. Brian took them up during their turn to explain how it works. He told them that they could not cross the line up by their lane. Hayden is all about the rules (even though he doesn't always follow them). When it was my turn he kept telling/reminding me not to cross the line like four times. They had a blast waiting for the ball to come back to them. Hayden kept putting his head to close to the ball hole. I kept telling him he is going to get bonked on the head. They did a great job of waiting their turn and cheering each other on. It really was a great time!

Hayden and Daddy watching how many pins would fall down



Hayden getting his ball to bowl


Watching very closely


Daddy and Ava watching the ball



Busy checking things out

Just a random picture of Ava from today

3 comments:

Meg said...

Cute! Bowling is so much fun! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh what fun!!! Great pictures of 2 cute kids!!!! Thanks for sharing. I remember when your Mom and I went bowling in Kansas. She was a riot!
hugs
Emmie

Jill Foley said...

bowling...good times!